Friday, June 1, 2007

Quietus- Rock Heard 'Round The World


I'm going back on my word. I promised never to upload music again. This is different, though. I happen to know this band and their web site has their song clips to download. Anyway, I'm pretty sure they won't mind.

Today, Quietus is a local band. I think it's just a matter of time. They've got what it takes- drive. perseverance and they write. Even this combination is no guarantee, so all I can say is just listen. Quietus is a combination of rock, alternative and jazz fusion (and probably more) and they remain loyal to their roots. By that I mean they have a strong sense of musicianship and they rely on that and a more basic lineup. They are lean and spare (think 'power trio', like Cream) and that is definitely where they shine.

I could go on.

Just listen. (Click on each band member's photo for a different song clip) If you're in the Chicagoland area, keep an eye open for upcoming shows. Buy their demo; click on the album for their web site.




No comments: