Friday, December 28, 2007

Ring The Cowsills Into The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame This New Year's

Geez, I can't believe it.
At this, the end of the year, and as a pretty average middle-aged guy I guess I've got enough problems in my life to be concerned about without mentioning today's blog subject. It's just that it's the niggling little stuff that gets me going sometimes.
On the surface, it seems so trivial. Look at the week we've had: political assassination; animal attacks; missing people; I could go on. So what am I writing about today? The Cowsills.
The Cowsills then- click on the pic to go to the official Cowsills website-
I've got bills to pay, kids to feed. I've got half a foot of snow coming down right this minute. There's enough on my plate to deal with. So why does this band rate today's mention?
It's just so unfair.
It seems that I found myself on the official Cowsills web site today, and discovered that there is a petition drive to consider the band for nomination in the Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame. What I find hard to believe is that they are about 6500 signatures short!
The Cowsills today- click on this pic to sign the petition-
This is the Cowsills, folks!
Comprised of a family whose name really is Cowsill, the band is probably best known (or didn't you know) as the real-life inspiration for the TV series 'The Partridge Family'. A real family whose real mom sang with them. In my book, very cool.
The Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame, or 'Mecca', if you're a music lover like me- Click on the pic to hear a classic Cowsills cut-
I doubt that I have many readers to this blog, but I'm going to ask whoever happens by to jump on this bandwagon. Let's get the Cowsills into the Hall of Fame for the new year!

No comments: